Strains of Infinity. They Made me. I am

Posted: Feb 20, 2007 by Hanedin in Blahs: ,
1



1. Metallica- Unforgiven II

Can't really explain what this song meant for me. It successfully converted me into a Metallica addict even though none of their other songs barring a few measure up to this one. Can't explain, but this song playing from my sony speakers in an empty room reeking of darkness, it somehow changed me. Never been the same man.

2. Led Zeppelin- Babe I am gonna Leave you.

The guitars. The dream like, the craziness, the perfected screams dripping with the sheer genius of the band. Gnash. Killed me and created me, in one go. Thank you Led Zeppelin.

3. Death- Voice of The Soul

A friend described the compulsive and often convulsive feeling one gets after reading this song as simultaneously being raked by nails and being fed some divine narcotic at the same time. Bliss. Pain. Divine Harmony. Simply Divine.

4. Pearl Jam- Black

I know you are going to be a star in someone else's sky, but why can't it be mine. Oh why can't it be mine. Together. Together. Together...

Don't want to say more for this one.

Jimmy Page, I know where to look whenever I need inspiration.

5. Van Morrison- Moondance

It's a marvelous night for a moondance.
So many nights, this song and me. The moonlight, a lonely cigarette drooping off to sleep in between my fingers. So many of them. Somehow somewhere the song is burnt onto my memory or maybe my soul. The proper terminology/nomenclature to implement right now fails to kick me in the ass and make itself noticed. Van Morrison. Sigh Sigh. Gnash Gnash.

6. Iris- Goo Goo Dolls

Fuck man, what a brilliant sky, what lyrics. At times I felt as if someone had somehow ripped my heart out and somehow splattered them into words. Fucking Amazing.

7. California Dreaming- Mamas and the Papas.

I like. I love. I am.
I heard this song when I was I think somewhere between 10 and 13. I think it was my father's friends house. He's dead now, squished over by a snorting DTC bus. He fed us chilly chicken and chow mein and had a black dog.
All of this I remember because of the song. The song I heard again after approximated 5-7 years.
I still like. I still love. I always am.

8. Oasis- Wonderwall

Cheers me up, no matter what. I love Oasis, there songs speak of an invisible triumph that's not achieved. I wish I could write something like that one day (Notice I say write, not sing!)

Can' t think of any more, Work In progress...


Image: Ratul's room, his guitar, his photo.

1 Annotations:

  1. The Cat says:

    NOOOOOOO!
    GO BACK. to your earlier blog template NOW. I say NOW!
    Stupid Rudh. That was a lovely template you had. This is not a patch on it.