Singing this will be the day that I die (Ramblings)

Posted: Feb 17, 2007 by Hanedin in
1



Yet another week has passed by, approximately the 870th of my life. (I assumed that there are 48 weeks in a year) What really came of this love-infested week that seemed to plague Delhi in a weird wave of pinks and reds and cupids and unlikely heart-shaped objects?

Well for one I have more or less come to terms with loss of my cell-phone. I think I can do without it till like my finals in April. I watched this movie called 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels', saw the video for Linkin Park- Numb for the first time in my life. I heard the song 'Lonely Day' by System of A Down for the first time. I also heard the bong and original version of the hit song 'Bheegi Bheegi' (For all those who are blissfully unaware of the shitty trash that bollywood dishes out on a regular basis, it's a song in the film 'Gangster'). Well the So I guess I can safely assume that I am culturally better off than last week.

I have also realized that I am capable of finding joy in other people's happiness even if it means being metaphorically kicked in the fucking balls. It's a weird feeling, like wearing a certain type of clothing for the first time or like wearing formal clothes and bouncing off to college. I have also more or less settled things with my ex. (If you are reading this then I hope you know I still love you, but I can't go on with the way things are right now)

I haven't been studying but then I guess I still have tonight and tomorrow to get rid of the stupid prickly guilt that comes along with it. Sigh Sigh, the pain of doing something you actually enjoy. I have also realized and accepted (or at least semi-accepted) that I am quite addicted to cigarettes. Which is obviously not a good thing...I don't like the dependence that comes with an addiction, any addiction...

What else have I done this week?
Well I attended an unusually large amount of mentally corrosive classes. Except Friday when I couldn't well be bothered. It rained a lot this week, and oh! How could I forget we went to Paharganch. Paharganch which could well be defined as the place where the mystical lands of musty rupee notes meet the part of the city where prostitution, poverty, drugs aren't just some topics to be discussed carefully underneath the shadow of worried frowns and creased foreheads. It exists. It breathes, it pulsates, like any living creature trying to survive in this highly messed up world.

So what have I done this week? Anything really worth reading, well not really...

Alas the ink bleeds and I can write no more.

1 Annotations:

  1. The Cat says:

    //Well the So I guess I can safely assume that I am culturally better off than last week.//

    Aww. :)