Hanedin: To the Lady In Black

Posted: Apr 22, 2007 by Hanedin in Blahs: ,
2

New song posted above, I will follow you into the dark- Death Cab for Cutie.

An experiment in free association?

"Love of mine, someday you will die.
But I will be close behind.
I will follow you into the dark."
"The hint of a spark", a spark that you could catch and then keep safe in your pocket.
"Knuckles bruised."
Bruised, black and blue.
The pain, I can ignore. Will these love scars she asked?
How could I answer. Scars, I thought? Does it matter.
"Vacancy Signs."
The emptiness. The emptiness, cloaked viscous reds and blacks.
"Fear is the heart of love."
Fear, how? The same fear with it's unmistakable, ravenous stench.
The same fear that threatens to overcome you?
Overcome me?
"We will hold each other soon."
Sleep for now.
But what then?
We hold each other, clasped hands and matted eyelashes.
"I will follow you into the dark."
But what then?
Would it change anything,
the emptiness, the scars, the fear?
Would it?
Would anything change any of that.
Will you follow me into the dark?

2 Annotations:

  1. The Cat says:

    baby, its death cab for cutie. not a cutie.
    and yes, love the song. absolutely do.

  1. Hanedin says:

    Thunk you love, did not see...:D